Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Swatchin' the world go by

I recently did some stash enhancing, courtesy of a couple of online sales, deStash, and of course Sundara. Here's a little flash of the latter (can't show all because some was intended as Secret Pal gifts):

From bottom center heading clockwise, Cassatt sock yarn (for, ya know, socks), Cantaloupe sport for a baby cardigan, Pink over Periwinkle silk/merino DK for a Trellis and Vine shawl, Blue-Green Over Yellow worsted for a hat, Lunar worsted for another hat, and omg, three skeins of Caterpillar silk/merino DK which was a present from Sundara. I'm still in shock/delight.

This naturally led to swatching behavior.

On the left is Sundara sport merino in Cantaloupe, and it'll be a little cardigan for my niece Carson (the one-year-old of previous postings).

On the right is some Regia Cotton Surf, obtained recently at enormous discount from some online store that I've now forgotten. It was darn cheap. Anyway, it's sock yarn really, but I've bought it to make either a top or a dress for Carson. I'm swatching it on US #3 Addis (larger than I'd use for socks) and I think it'll work well. It's wool/cotton/nylon, a lovely mix.

No comments: