Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hedgies

There are so many things to blog about after not having a camera for a while! I think I'll try to do them one at a time...

As you know, I recently knit Ysolda's "Smith". Now you can see him (or her):



At first, like at least one other person, I thought I was knitting it front to back, and couldn't figure out why the spikes were going the wrong direction. Then, I thought I'd knit the eyes on midway through, and I knit them on the butt!

I really wish I'd taken a picture of that. It makes me laugh just typing it.

I had trouble with the French knot eyes, because it's been years since I've done embroidery and at first I made too many wraps, and the eyes looked like caterpillars hanging off the poor fellow's face. Fortunately I then looked it up online, realized my mistake, and redid them.

Whew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!
I wish you had taken a picture of the butt with eyes too :-)

Earin Marybird said...

I wish you had too! Precious!

Karpy said...

That is sooo cute :)
I found a cute critters pattern site the other day with this irresistible pattern: www.lulu.com/content/e-book/fuzzy-farm/2587465.

jae said...

awwww...love it.