Sunday, June 24, 2007

I wasn't trying for identical.



Which is a good thing, as I'd have been disappointed. But I love, love, love these socks! SO comfy. I want to wear them all the time, despite the heat. Finished in 1 week, using Cascade Fixation and US size #2 dpns. April, sorry, but I'm starting to actually.. LIKE.. knitting with Fixation. Wacky.

There was a bunch of yarn left, because I'd made the legs shorter than trek's pattern, so I decided to make some newborn socks. I put together a pretty simple pattern which I'll try to get posted soon. The only cute tricks are that I put a little ribbing under the foot to help the sock stay on, and that I did a modified round toe using garter stitch.

Sorry about the blurry picture, but aren't they irresistible? Now I just need to find someone who just had a baby.

I'm making progress on the Jo Sharp sofa cushion, but there just isn't much to see. It's miles of endless booboos. I knit 1 row, I rip out 2/3 of the row and fix it. I don't know how I can make so many mistakes with such a simple pattern, but I do.

I started some secret yarnination tonight! If all goes well, you can see it in a week :-)

6 comments:

Alyson said...

I really like!! I haven't given in to the Fixation yet, but I'm getting close...

Jen said...

Nice socks - great color! I've been wanting to try Fixation myself, but I need to knit down stash a bit first. I'm glad to hear you came to like it, that bodes better for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice socks; I especially love the baby socks!

Anonymous said...

Those baby socks are darling!

Aime

Earin Marybird said...

Woo hoo! What cute socks. Well done!

There is something about simple patterns that is so difficult. I know just what you mean

Laura B said...

Lovely socks! I love the baby ones too! Ribbing on the foot... very clever!