Monday, April 07, 2008

Crazy bulky knitting!

I'm not a huge fan of knitting with bulky yarn or big* needles (hurts my wrists), but there is something to be said for how FAST this puppy is knitting up. Check it out: Here are the two sleeves and the back blocked and drying.

I'm halfway up the left front, but I didn't photograph that because, let's face it, how much stockinette can you take?

* = Yes, in my book, US #8 is a big needle. I don't much like going over 6.

In other news: spring has definitely sprung around here — these are from my rosebushes and containers:





6 comments:

Knittah said...

1. I don't like needles bigger than a 6 or 7 either.

2. That is what spring looks like in CA? I would garden too, if I lived there!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, me like bulky too. Is that freesia I see?

sheep#100 said...

Great job on the sweater - and your flowers are just plain gorgeous!

Earin Marybird said...

"Storm" is being knit on 17's and they are a handful. Don't think I'll do much along those lines again.

I love me some freesias. Smell.So.Good.Roses.Too.

April said...

Isn't it someone's birthday on Wednesday? Why yes, I believe it is ...

Sarah-potterknitter said...

I love freesia, I used it in my bouquet for our wedding!