You might be wondering what happened to Rob's pullover, a.k.a. the Secret Yarnination. Well, I got to where I had to unravel the first of the three sleeves (the one that was too short) and when I did, the yarn was, well... "kinky" is probably too gentle a word for it. "Permanently molded into stockinette" is what I'd call it.
I used my swift to wind it into a skein, which I carefully tied and took off the switft. Then I hung it up on a ladder in the garage, using a bag full of soda pop to weight the skein down:
That yellow bag on the blue hanger is full of soda pop. :-) The yarn is that magenta skein on the pink hanger.
Then I sprayed it at intervals with water in a spray bottle, and let it hang for a few days... took it down and wound up a ball from my newly straightened yarn.
I wish I'd taken a 'before' picture, but you can kind of tell what it used to look like by the little piglet-tail there, the bit that never got weighted down.
So soon, soon, I'll return to / finish the Spartan Pullover!
Meanwhile, I've been knitting like crazy on that little green baby cardi I showed you last time. And my mother-in-law arrives on Saturday morning for her 2-month stay! We'll go pick her up from Los Angeles, leaving at 4 in the morning (ew).
In sadder news, I slammed my US #5 Addi Turbo in a car door.
It was bent at a 90° angle when it first happened. I straightened it out; it works okay, but it's a little rough. I need to polish it up with some jeweler's rouge or something. It'll probably break at some point, but for now, I can still knit. Whew!