Sunday, April 15, 2012

Slow but steady

There's not much point in posting another photo of the lace edging for the baby blanket, but it's going pretty well. I need a total of 4 corners and 72 lace repeats; I've completed 1 corner and 29 repeats. It's going to take a while and I'm sure the baby will be born before it's done, but it's not impossible!

I did block the hoodies, and I have even bought buttons for them! Maybe I'll finish sewing buttons on one of them today. In the meantime, here is a teaser photo of one of them blocking...


Do those colors pop or what? I'm delighted!

I may or may not have mentioned I've also started some fingerless gloves for my lovely friend Josie. I'm not 100% sure of the color choice now that I've started it, but I'll go on and finish and if I don't like them, I'll make another pair. I'm using 00 needles because she has slender hands, and I couldn't find a small enough pattern.

The blue is the 'trim' and the multi is the body. I'm just not sure. This is a 1x1 rib so it looks a bit odd close up like this. You have to remember how small it really is.

Nice thing about knitting is you can always redo or start over. All it costs is yarn. And heaven knows I have plenty of that...

2 comments:

Earin Marybird said...

Let us know if the smaller needles work. I've had problems with the fingerless gloves being too large even for me and I have pretty wide hands and long fingers. I've yet to find a pattern that works for those folks with petite paws.

Love the colors of the hoodie.

jae said...

colors! I likee