Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Soooo close!

Took that photo this morning. Wove the ends in this afternoon. All that's left is to sew on the frogs... I've tried once and will have to rip it out and try again. May take me a few days. I think it'll be the most irritating part.

The exciting part: this cardigan fits me better than any sweater I've made myself yet. Whoop! However, I'm afraid to wash it; I think it will GROW. Alpaca-tencel, not much memory... So for now, I'll wear it as is.



Meanwhile the sock continues beautiful. I realized I'm not exactly doing Conwy; I'm screwing up the twisted baby cable. I always get confused when they say "knit into the back loop of the second stitch" — do you go around the first stitch, or insert between the first and second? I did the latter, and I think it's wrong. I don't get the braided effect, this way. But I don't really mind; it's still very pretty and suits this gorgeous yarn well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sweater!

Hmmm, I think I'd have done the stitch the way you did but I can see where that wouldn't give you a braided effect. The sock is beautiful just the same :-)

FUZZARELLY said...

Beautiful knitting!

I work the pattern this way: knit into the back loop of the 2nd st. and leave it on the needle. Ignore the first stitch. Then knit the first stitch normally and move both st to right needle.

Maybe this is what you did. Looks pretty, like you say.

Kelly said...

The sweater is gorgeous! I love how the cables glide up th front on each side of the cardigan!

Earin Marybird said...

I dread washing things. They always seem to stretch out so much. It looks wonderful. Perhaps it will never need washing? Oh yeah, right.

I've been enjoying your flower photos (and the knitting, that goes without saying) so much!