Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another new project

We were going over to a friend's house a week or so ago and I realized that I wanted an easy knitting project that I could do while chatting, drinking and watching TV. Frankly, most of my projects right now require careful attention or counting or otherwise don't lend themselves to casual knitting. So... I cast on again.

I had a bunch of acrylic yarn in the garage that I'd started a Tunisian crochet afghan with. There were a couple of things wrong with that -- I was getting a lot of RSI from doing Tunisian crochet, and a whole afghan's worth was going to take forever; and Tunisian crochet, being very dense, uses a LOT of yarn. There was no way I had enough for a Tunisian afghan.

I hadn't done very much -- about two panels out of a planned five or six, and they hadn't been edged or joined. So I decided to start over and knit the afghan.

I really wanted the look of cables, but I knew I didn't have enough yarn for that. So picked a simple lace pattern that, unblocked, has something of the look of cables. This is acrylic, so it's not going to block out. It would look different blocked, and I might try that sometime with wool, but frankly I like it just like this:



4 comments:

trek said...

That is a cool stitch motif.

Earin Marybird said...

However you want to "explain" casting on yet another project is just fine with me! : - ) Besides, it's so pretty.

jae said...

yes, this stitch looks good as is...

Julie said...

Oooh, I like that.