Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not-fitty-ness

As expected, I finished the lovely V-neck vest and blocked it, and it is a color I like, and it is much softer once washed, and drat it, it does not fit me. It doesn't even sort of fit. It just plain doesn't.

I measure myself before I knit things, and I knit with the right size and right ease, and yet often, when I'm done, things don't fit. I might need to rethink the amount of ease I want with my garments. Or maybe bust size isn't the best way to measure, for me. I'm just not sure.

In any event, if you have somewhere in the vicinity of a 45" bust (this measures 45"), like greenish-brown tweed, and would like a nice simple Australian wool vest, please let me know! I'd love to give this to someone who reads my blog. I'm very very sad I can't keep it, but there's no point.



We all know what to do when we experience a disappointment of this type, right?



Catkin Stole from the Baltic Lace kit from KnitPicks.

3 comments:

Earin Marybird said...

What a shame, it's lovely. I am in "the range". I wouldn't turn it down!

jae said...

nice vest...wish i were in the range. I know what you mean about fit, it can be a bit hit and miss with knitting. Dunno what kind of figs my tree is by the way, gifted from mom but she told me the figs would be green, not dark colored.

Earin Marybird said...

Possibly an Adriatic fig. I assume mine are Mission since they are dark (I'm going to try making a fig relish today). I recently learned that different types of figs are pollinated in different ways. That is unusual but then, figs are rather interesting (and tasty).

Fit is hard with knitting. Heck, it's a even a real challenge with sewing.