Monday, November 06, 2006

Silence descends..

Not really. But I haven't been able to get blogger to cooperate by letting me post anything for a bit.

I wanted to show you a picture of the really nasty thing that happened to the lace I'm working on. I was stretching it out, to show Rob. To show him Just How Awesome it was. And suddenly there was a little pop, and a hole opened. In the middle. UNDER, ya know, like BEFORE, the lifeline.

{sniffle}.

But even the photo I took didn't come out. However, the hole did! I managed to carefully cut the lifeline, drop down a single stitch, and take care of the mucked-up sl1-k2tog-psso (I had apparently only k1tog), then work back up, adding yos, knitting the yos, and then finally decreasing them again, until I reached my current row.

Whew. And wow. The knitting goddess was definitely with me on Sunday (when I did the fix), even if she had abandoned me on Friday. Perhaps she realized that I should not have been messing around with knitting, but instead, getting ready for the party.

Ah... the party. We had about 45 attendees, more than I'd anticipated, and it was great fun. I took many lousy pictures. Since I don't have any pictures of my messed-up lace, here are a couple of party photos:

Rob's punch, here on the right. It has lots of alcohol, fruit, fruit juice, ginger ale, and, of course, dry ice in it :-) (I made ice-cream punch too, for the non-drinkers, but it wasn't nearly as photogenic.)

The theme was "you must wear one piece, and only one piece, of a Hallowe'en costume." Over the course of the evening, people swapped items, removed and added items, and, in this case, decided to wear items in whole new ways:



Laila enjoyed the party, too. Here she is trying to prevent any guests from leaving, by blocking the front door.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That's some cool looking alcohol punch. Where on earth do you find dry ice?

Unknown said...

Your lace went POP???? I can't imagine a worse sound or nightmare!

April said...

Wow, human anemones, how cool is that!

I'm sorry your lace exploded although it might get you a listing in Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

Knittinreed said...

Glad you were able to fix the exploding lace! It also looks like the party was great fun!