I had a treat this weekend — Earin and Becky traveled down to San Diego to visit and craft with me! We had a wonderful time. We did a lot of knitting, a lot of hanging out and a decent bit of eating: Thai food, pizza, and Dumpling Inn Chinese dumplings (mmmmmmmmm). Plus some chocolate here and there. A few local friends helped with the crafting as well. I probably did a bit too much — I'm fairly wasted at the moment — but I was feeling extraordinarily well this weekend. I crashed this afternoon, after everyone went home, and ended up lying on the couch like a blob for hours, not even knitting! But that's okay, because much knitting did get done:
This is the little cardi I was knitting in Debbie Bliss Cathay for the new daughter of a friend, all ready to be washed and blocked and to get some nice buttons! I can't wait to finish it completely. Cathay is lovely yarn (if splitty, like many cotton/silk combos) and I'd use it for an adult sweater in a minute.
I also finished, at long last, my Maizy Reversais...
I did reknit the foot of the second one — but not the leg. And it is, indeed, shorter:
But not enough for me to care enough to reknit the sock. I am so done with these! I love the Crystal Palace Maizy yarn, and I love how the Reversai's stitch pattern looks, but these socks weren't the greatest of successes for me. As you can see, the heel really doesn't fit. I'm glad I made the feet smooth (and didn't make reversible toes), because they'll work better for me in shoes. I'll plan to use the Maizy again in the future, but probably for a sock of my own design.
I didn't really mean to, but I cast on for a new pair of socks!
These are Ann Budd's "Undulating Rib Socks." I discovered after about 20 rows that the pattern has an error at the very start of the sock, and decided the heck with it, no one is going to notice but me or another knitter, so I am leaving the error in. It's only evident at the transition between the initial ribbing and the first twist (should have been k1, p1, k3, p1 rather than k3, p1, k1, p1 ribbing to start). Of course this means I'll have to make the other sock matchingly wrong, but that's okay.
The yarn I'm using is DGB Confetti Superwash. I'm not completely sure where I got it, but think it may have been a gift from April. It's really pretty, but I was startled to discover it was self-striping (even though there's a photo on the label, which I totally missed). From the name, I thought it was going to be speckled! I like the colors, though.