Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Progress, a bit:

Warning! Whining first!!!

It's been a strange week. Snooze passed away on Monday; I hadn't been in touch with him for a couple of years, but was following his fight with pulmonary fibrosis. He was too damn young. And, ya know, one of those really nice guys.

I'm in a lot of pain from the increase in weights at physical therapy this week; everything knotted up. I haven't slept well, which makes it worse.

And I've been generally blue. Overwhelmed and under pressure at work (which is sad, because I love my job -- I just can't do two of it!), still feeling sad about Dan's death in January, not getting any of my writing done, and Joe quit the band. I mean, really. This is NOT like me!!! Miss Rose-Colored Glasses over here needs an eye tint!

So let's talk about some trivial yarny stuff to cheer me up!


I did get a leetle bit of knitting done over the last few days. Here you can see progress on the baby sweater (nearly done with the one arm) and Rob's sock. I realize it doesn't seem like much progress, but I knit and frogged the sleeve four times, trying to find a way to do short-rows for the shoulder about 20 rows too late. There just isn't any way to do it. It should have happened during the raglan creation, if it was going to happen. So I finally gave up and knitted it to pattern, straight out from the shoulder.

I recently got some great bags from trek, who does wonderful swaps. I'm very happy with these. As you can see, I've got a sock bag and a DPN case. The DPN case has two levels of pockets and snaps shut. Both pretty and practical. The sock bag goes with me everywhere. I love barter on the Internet.


Finally, a little stash enhancement for your Wednesday: some lovely Brooklyn Handspun in the Deep Elemental (great name!) colorway on the bottom, and Greenwood Fibers hand-painted cotton/lycra (perfect for summer!) sock yarn in Twilight Shadows on top. Mm. Can't wait for the Summer of Socks Knitalong!

1 comment:

Earin Marybird said...

I'm sorry you're blue. It sounds like a lot of lousy things have happened in a short amount of time (over a lot of time doesn't make it much easier either!). Here is to hoping that the Universe shifts in a nice way soon.

I lust after your dpn bag. I must have one! I've spent the last few days moaning and waving my arms around hopelessly looking for various dpns. If I leave them out the dog eats them. Or they slide behind the couch cushions. They go - somewhere!

The baby sweater yarn is very beautiful. It has a 50's semi tropical feel to it. Very elegant.