Thursday, June 29, 2006

True class...

Got my "Petals Collection" shipment from Sundara Yarn yesterday. This is one of those 'sock of the month' (or of every other month, in this case) clubs. Because I prepaid, it's stash enhancement I need feel no further guilt for when it arrives, though it's hard to resist a twinge. The idea is that you get yarn dyed to match a particular inspirational flower, and then you get a pattern especially written to show off the yarn.

I should have photographed it as I opened it, because it was stunning. "Calla Lily" was this month's theme. The whole thing was wrapped in tissue paper in mulberry and leaf green, the colors of the flower in question.

There was yarn, of course, in the appropriate colors. You can get a glimpse here of Sundara's new labels and logo, which is very snazzy. A lovely note from Sundara accompanied, as well as a gorgeous photo of the flower that inspired the yarn. A darling lollipop in flower shape -- too cute to eat. Finally, in a classy long envelope, a well-written pattern with a full color photo of the result. Wow. I'm impressed, and I was already impressed with Sundara Yarn.

Just because the yarn was so temptingly pretty, I decided to wind up a ball of it this morning so I could see what it looked like wound. Here it is in all its glory:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I got to see a skein in person at S&B last night as a friend is also in the club. It's taking a lot of willpower for me to not run over to her site today to buy some!

Emma said...

So beautiful. And it makes a lovely yarn cake!

Earin Marybird said...

I am so jealous that you're in Sundara's sock club. I found her too late to join. It's not fair! It looks so perfect and beautiful. I can't wait to see my stash when it arrives. Thanks for turning me on to her. Hey, I have a birthday coming up soon...any chance.. (only kidding).