Thursday, December 14, 2006

Knitting at last!

Yeah well. I did cast on again. Naughty, naughty.

Here's the deal: I'm nearly done with one of the few holiday gifts I am making this year, but I need to rip back about 10 rows. It's not a big deal, but my lifeline is kind of messed up and I need to fix it first. And you all know how I am when I have to sit down and focus on something, even if it'll only take five minutes.

The other possible holiday gift, Hedera, is proceeding so slowly I think I'm on ludes when I'm knitting it. Maybe it'll be a new year's gift. It's so pretty, but it's so slow.

I might cast on for a birthday gift for a friend. We'll see. But in the meantime, I've been baking cookies every night for a week*, and I needed a break. A treat. A fast, fun knit. And I was reading pjb's blog, and saw she was making Susan Pierce Lawrence's Star of the Day baby cap, and I was hooked. Er, ok, needled, since we're not talking crochet here. If you haven't knitted one of Susan's patterns, I highly recommend it. She writes beautiful, clear patterns with great results.

Cast on at 10:30 p.m.. Knit for an hour, then a bit more this morning. I have just a few rows to go before the attached-i-cord bindoff. And then, after a bit of blocking, my dear friend Matt will have a cap for his new baby boy Austin Kazuki. W00t!

* and I had two cookies for breakfast. For part of breakfast. Because I still had my usual two (!) bowls of cereal. I am definitely going to calorie hell.

3 comments:

Laura B said...

What a cute hat!

Anonymous said...

The hat is adorable! Hmmm, I have 2 baby size great-nieces. I think I see this hat in my future :)

Anonymous said...

The hat is cute. What kind of yarn did you use? I think I'm might just head on over to Susan's blog and knit this pattern just for the fun of it.