Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Arrrrrmmmmmssss

So my brilliant notion to simply knit the arms shorter has been defeated. The instructions said that once I finished the arm increases, to knit in patt to 18". I figured I'd knit to maybe 17.25". But once I'd finished the arm increases, I was already at 19.5". My row gauge on the front/back was okay, and though I haven't checked it on the arm, I'm betting it's okay. Probably the designer didn't test knit in all sizes, and this is just a quirk.

Am I going to reknit it? Because, ya know, now it's going to be 2" too long, pretty much guaranteed?

Of course not. I'm lazy and I want to finish this by April 28, when we leave for Perth. Plus, hey! I can push up my sleeves a bit, can't I?

I will distract you from my laziness with some more spring roses. You can almost smell them, can't you?:




7 comments:

Jen said...

Love the roses - great distraction! Especially as I sit here awaiting yet another "winter" storm...yuck. :P

Alyson said...

Perfeck! You with your too-long sleeves and I with my too-baggy stockings...we're a couple of real perfectionists, ain't we? :-)

Sarah-potterknitter said...

But you're doing it on purpose of course so that you can roll that sleeve up one turn and give it that finished loook.

Anonymous said...

With the sleeves being long, you won't have to wear gloves if it's cold outside! :)

And the roses are just beautiful.

Aime

Laura B said...

Very nice distraction!

karenalienated said...

We need "smell-o-vision". I predict it will be the next killer app.

Kelly said...

Roses in a garden look so much better than the dozen roses you get at a gas station or at Walmart. Sorry about the arm. I'm sure there is some kind of mathmatical way of solving your issue but I wouldn't be the one able to help you with it!