Friday, April 21, 2006

Knitting and Dr. Who don't mix?

So I cast on (using the very nice twisted German cast-on) for the Sixth Sense socks last night and knit a bit, but it's seeming really tight when I try to pull it on my ankle. Could this be the result of knitting while watching a particularly tense episode of the new Doctor Who?


But perhaps no. I'm making gauge, I checked this morning. So maybe it'll fit okay once I get a few more inches on it. OR maybe it won't be socks for my mom, maybe it'll be socks for my friend Pat or someone else with slender ankles...

I must say that I think this simple pattern works very well for yarn as variegated as this Lorna's Laces Watercolor. It's also nicely rhythmic, great for television knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, beautiful yarn and socks, the cascading leaves are very nice, I'm too starting on the 6th sense socks tonight.
I have some LL that will work for that pattern, thanks for recommending it.

Elaine said...

I LOVE the new Dr. Who. I've been watching since Tom Baker - way back in the day.