Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A bit o' knit

I did do a little knitting this weekend, to keep my hands busy and because Grandma would approve.

Sundara's "Caterpillar" yarn told me it wanted to be Clapotis. That hadn't been my plan, but I obeyed. Here's where I am now (I had to frog a bunch of false starts because of losing count -- little did I know I'd soon have a Kacha Kacha!!). I haven't gotten to the part where you get to drop stitches yet. Can't wait -- that sounds SO exciting!

Kinda looks like a jester's hat at the moment...

Here's how the cuffed Sockotta sock is looking. I did a garter stitch short-row heel over ~60% (instead of 50%) of the stitches, as recommended in a couple of articles I read, and I'm quite pleased with the way it feels and fits on.
I admit it looks a bit goofy when unstretched, but that's what you get when there's 2x2 rib on the other side.

And here's the loot I got from my Other Secret Pal! Check out that cheerful Cascade Fixation yarn. And the KACHA KACHA. Me love the Kacha Kacha. Me turn into Muppet at sight of Kacha Kacha.

Finally, I think you need to check out this picture from my friend Elinor's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your Grandmother! But I think she would approve of all the knitting. Glad you found a good project for Caterpillar! I can't wait to see it all done.