Sunday, September 24, 2006
I think it needs another blocking. I've never blocked lace before, and the first thing I did wrong was to roll too much water out of it, so it was too dry. I tried to block it on some plastic over a quilt on the guest-room mattress, forgot the egg-crate foam was under the sheeets. I should have put the plastic directly on the mattress. The pins didn't want to stay in (and now I know why people use T-pins and not standard sewing pins). It's still a little bumpy on the back, but it's incredibly soft, and it's blocked out to 19" middle, 24" ends, and 60" length. I think I can get the whole thing evenly out to 25" wide with a proper blocking location.
But.. later. It's incredibly soft, it's gorgeous, and also I need to go work on Sock Wars.